Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Alternate axis at top of chart

i have a number of X-Y scatter plots where I need to have either only an
alternate abscissa axis at top of chart or alternate ordinate on right and
abscissa on top. I can easily do the alternate ordinate but can't find a way
to do the alternate abscissa. How do I do it. the only option I see at moment
is to redraw graphs in Visio and then add the axises.

I prefer to use Excel XP but can use 07 if need be.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What you need are secondary axes, and you need multiple series in order to
get secondary axes. Right click one of the series, choose Format, and on the
Axis tab (XP) or on the Options tab (2007) choose Secondary. Then Excel only
gives you a secondary Y axis, so in XP go to Chart menu Chart Options
Axes tab, and check the box for a secondary X axis. In 2007 you have to go
to the middle Chart Tools tab, click on Axes, and select the secondary
horizontal axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP