Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graph of events in time

I would like to create a graph using an Excel spread sheet. The Excel spread
sheet shows when orders are made for work. I want to look at which day of
month or week of the month most orders are made. I want to see a graphical
representative of when orders are coming in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Basicly this should be quite easy to do.. but as always it depends on the way
your information is stored in the spreadsheet. Are it dates, are day and
month seperated? Is a week number allready declared? etc. etc. And how are
they placed within your worksheet?

"jeichner" wrote:

I would like to create a graph using an Excel spread sheet. The Excel spread
sheet shows when orders are made for work. I want to look at which day of
month or week of the month most orders are made. I want to see a graphical
representative of when orders are coming in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Assuming you have a list of dates when orders were placed. Put a label in
the cell above the list, then select the list, and go to Data menu Pivot
Table and Pivot Chart Reports. Make a pivot table using this data, place it
on the same worksheet (I find this easier). Now you have a blank pivot
table. Drag the date field to the Rows area, then to the Data area (yes, use
it twice). This gives you a list of dates and a count of orders for each
date. You can now group the date field in the rows area in various ways. I
discuss grouping by dates he
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/gro...a-pivot-table/

- Jon
-------