Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Remove Chart Canvas or make transparent in Excel 07 on XP

Is there a way to remove the chart canvas or make it transparent? I have a
chart that needs to fill the page and have a footer. I can stretch it to
fill the page, but the canvas then obscures the footer. Is there a fit to
page feature? That still may not work, but I also need to know and try that.

When managers are used to seeing product in a certain way, they don't like
to hear that, just because of a new version, you can no longer give them what
they want. Nor do they believe it. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the Chart Area (the outermost rectangle which encloses the entire
chart), right click, and choose Format. Where you set the fill color (I
forget the new names of the tabs), choose No Fill or None. Repeat this for
the Plot Area, which is the rectangle defined on two edges by the axes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"LisaK" wrote in message
Is there a way to remove the chart canvas or make it transparent? I have
chart that needs to fill the page and have a footer. I can stretch it to
fill the page, but the canvas then obscures the footer. Is there a fit to
page feature? That still may not work, but I also need to know and try
that.

When managers are used to seeing product in a certain way, they don't like
to hear that, just because of a new version, you can no longer give them
what
they want. Nor do they believe it. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In 2007 you right-click the Plot Area and choose Format Plot Area, Fill tab,
No Fill.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire