Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Measuring Slope of peak on Excel graph

I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing and increasing and i
need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the rest which is below
these peaks.

My graph has many peaks e.g. 50 peaks, each one. What i am trying to do is
draw a line through the top of two peaks and then get the slope of this
line.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Aloha Lionel,

I have followed a few of your threads on this subject and feel your frustration when no one really gets your question. I have been attempting the same thing for quite a while myself with no success. I will post back here if I get any satisfactory results. Also, Please, if you have any good information on this subject, forward it to me.

Thanks

John

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:52 AM Lionel Li wrote:

I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing and increasing and i
need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the rest which is below
these peaks.

My graph has many peaks e.g. 50 peaks, each one. What i am trying to do is
draw a line through the top of two peaks and then get the slope of this
line.

Any suggestions?

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:30 AM David Biddulph wrote:

If your chosen 2 peaks are X1,Y1 and X2,Y2, then the slope is
=(Y2-Y1)/(X2-X1)
--
David Biddulph