Old July 22nd 17, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 11:46:06 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 2:00:27 AM UTC+5:30, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Hi,

There are mainly 5 reasons for insert button grayed out.
1.File is shared
2.File is Protected
3.Multiple sheet selected
4.Display Options disabled
5.Track changes enabled
More information is available on this website with how to check these and fix it: http://www.askeygeek.com/deselect-mu...developer-tab/

Hope this helps
Thanks,
Anson

Reference: http://www.askeygeek.com/reasonscaus...developer-tab/

Old March 13th 19, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 2:33:34 PM UTC-7, Shane Devenshire wrote:
Hi,

It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the
spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move
chart. choose the New Sheet option...

Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one
tab is selected. Right-click any sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire