ExcelBanter

-   -   All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/214990-all-icons-my-insert-data-tab-greyed-out.html)

Lily December 30th 08 08:30 PM

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Shane Devenshire[_2_] December 30th 08 09:33 PM

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

Hi,

It sounds like you were in 2007? In that case create the chart in the
spreadsheet and then right-click the border of the chart and choose Move
chart. choose the New Sheet option...

Regarding the grayed out items - you are in Group mode because more than one
tab is selected. Right-click any sheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

[email protected] February 28th 13 09:54 AM

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

yes it is really working great !

[email protected] May 19th 15 11:33 AM

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

Gr8 Thanks

[email protected] July 11th 16 06:50 AM

All icons on my insert and data tab is greyed out

Yes - thanks

[email protected] October 27th 16 03:37 PM

On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 3:30:27 PM UTC-5, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

I am trying to open a new excel workbook but all menu items are greyed out. What could be causing the options to be locked down?

[email protected] July 22nd 17 07:16 PM

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 2:00:27 AM UTC+5:30, Lily wrote:
I was attempting to create a pie chart and clicked the pie chart icon.
However, did not want it embedded in the same Work sheet, so I clicked on the
new work sheet tab. It did not work and somehow I must have triggered
something else and all icons on both my insert tab and data tab is greyed out.

Hi,

There are mainly 5 reasons for insert button grayed out.
1.File is shared
2.File is Protected
3.Multiple sheet selected
4.Display Options disabled