Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DS DS is offline

Default Pie Chart Options

Good Afternoon,

I am attempting to build a Pie Chart in Excel 2003 that has 17 equal size
slices. Each slice needs to represent an option from a cell containing a
drop down with 3 options, yes, no, N/A. Can I get Excel to read the drop
down choice and place the result on the pie slice?

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You would need to create a pie based on 51 values (3*17)
For each of the sets of 3 values you would need to test the drop down
for being Yes/No/NA. Simply display 1 or 0 for true or false.
You would need to format each slice in the pie.

If the drop down is data validation then you can use a MATCH function.
If the drop down is a control either Match or simply check the value, as
long as you link the control to a cell.

Not sure though how the pie will present you with anything meaningful.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel