Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jsv jsv is offline

Default 100% Stacked Column Chart Labels

I've created a chart with several 100% stacked columns, each having multiple
data points in common. I'd like to show what percentage each of the data
points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is greyed
out. Is there another way to do what I'm trying?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can use this free add-in to link data label content to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

In those cells you calculate the value you need to display.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jsv jsv is offline

Is this any different than typing = "a cell" in the text box? Additionally,
the graphs are in a separate workbook than the data, and I don't believe the
Chart Labeler will work across workbooks, correct?

Thanks for your help

jsv wrote:
I've created a chart with several 100% stacked columns, each having multiple
data points in common. I'd like to show what percentage each of the data
points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is greyed
out. Is there another way to do what I'm trying?

Thanks!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Would appear it does not work across workbooks.

You can do it manually. There is no difference. The addin just makes it
easier to do multiply labels and applies formatting.

Cheers
Andy