Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default multiple headers in data table

Hi,

I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for
a name, the next row for their position.

Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

yes, but it doesn't look that great. Try laying your data out like this and
then charting it.

Position Name Amt
Mgr Student1 2
Student2 4
Student3 1
Student4 2
Student5 8
Staff Student6 1
Student7 1
Student8 2
Student9 8
Student10 8
Actor Student11 5
Student12 9
Student13 2
Student14 6
Student15 4

Personally, I am in favor of putting the data below the chart in the
spreadsheet and printing them both a the same time. Then you have 100%
control of the elements in the "data table".

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Corvus" wrote:

Hi,

I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for
a name, the next row for their position.

Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you, that gets me most of the way there,

unfortunately doing the data table separately isnt an option in this case.

Is it possible to make the second line in the row headers a separate set of
cells? I've no doubt that this isnt a common question, but the requirements
are somewhat strict in this instance.

Thanks for your help so far

"Corvus" wrote:

Hi,

I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for
a name, the next row for their position.

Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I probably don't understand, but the Position and Names are in different
cells.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire