Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default LINE-Column graph - I want 1 column multiple lines

Hello,
MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO.

I want to create a graph with 3 series. I want one to be a Column and the
other two to be lines. I use LINE-COLUMN out of the custom graph types and
it forces the second data set to a column. Is there a legit way around it?

Right now I'm including a dummy dataset in that #2 spot. Then deleting the
key in the legend.

There has to be a more legit way to do this.

Thanks!
--
BlueWolverine
MSE - Mech. Eng.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can prevent Excel from starting the chart this way if you choose
Line-Column but you can alway change the chart type of any series anytime.

So select on of the columns series on the chart that you want to be a line
and choose Chart, Chart Type and pick Line...

Of course you can convert a line to a column also.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"BlueWolverine" wrote:

Hello,
MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO.

I want to create a graph with 3 series. I want one to be a Column and the
other two to be lines. I use LINE-COLUMN out of the custom graph types and
it forces the second data set to a column. Is there a legit way around it?

Right now I'm including a dummy dataset in that #2 spot. Then deleting the
key in the legend.

There has to be a more legit way to do this.

Thanks!
--
BlueWolverine
MSE - Mech. Eng.
Go BLUE!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

That's the money! I thought it would be under format data series. THANKS!
--
BlueWolverine
MSE - Mech. Eng.