Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default primary/secondary axis next to each other

I recently installed Office 2007 and my charts that have a primary and
secondary vertical axis now has the secondary axis just to the left of the
primary. I hope thats not how 2007 is suppose to look. How can I get hte
secondary axis back over to the right of the chart?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem if the chart had a secondary x axis
as well as secondary y axis, but only when the secondary x axis had the
option Categories in reverse order.
To send the secondary Y axis back to the right I set Vertical axis
crosses at to automatic instead of maximum.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Andy,

Thanks for the reply and help. Unfortunately my chart does not have a
secondary horizontal axis (or at least it is set to None under Layout, Axis).
The 3 other axis are all set to auto under the axis options and none of them
has the values in reverse order checked. If I create a new chart with the
data it turns out OK, but I am not going to like doing that for the 40 +
charts.

Roxy wrote:
I recently installed Office 2007 and my charts that have a primary and
secondary vertical axis now has the secondary axis just to the left of the
primary. I hope thats not how 2007 is suppose to look. How can I get hte
secondary axis back over to the right of the chart?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you want to email me, off newsgroup, an example file I will see if it is
possible to sort out the axis without re creating new charts.

andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy