Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Why would chart fail to update?

My user has an 11 sheet file. Six of those sheets are charts. He has 26,097
formulas in the file. File size is 2.3 MB

Calculation is set to Automatic.

If a value is changed in a cell, the chart does NOT update. If I close and
save the file and then re-open, the chart is updated.

I do not get any Out of Memory error. In fact, I do not get any kind of
error at all. The computer I am running this file on has 2GB RAM.

Looking at Excel's specifications, I do not see any maximum number of
calcuations. While I do see a maximum number of iterations, Iteration is not
turned on, so I don't think that is an issue here.

Have I given enough clues for anyone to point me towards a cause?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Try one of these and see if that helps:

F9 Recalculate all open workbooks
Shift+F9 Calculate active worksheet
Ctrl+Alt+F9 Recalculates all open workbooks regardless of changes -
Full recalc
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 Rechecks dependent formulas and then calculates all cells
in all open workbooks, including cells not marked as needing to be calculated.

In particular, the last two.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Janie" wrote:

My user has an 11 sheet file. Six of those sheets are charts. He has 26,097
formulas in the file. File size is 2.3 MB

Calculation is set to Automatic.

If a value is changed in a cell, the chart does NOT update. If I close and
save the file and then re-open, the chart is updated.

I do not get any Out of Memory error. In fact, I do not get any kind of
error at all. The computer I am running this file on has 2GB RAM.

Looking at Excel's specifications, I do not see any maximum number of
calcuations. While I do see a maximum number of iterations, Iteration is not
turned on, so I don't think that is an issue here.

Have I given enough clues for anyone to point me towards a cause?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

alas, none of those worked, but thanks for the reminder on ctl+alt+F9 and
ctrl+shft+Alt+F9 .... I had completely forgetten those existed.
Unforetunately they didn't get me out of the problem.

thanks for trying