Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to satop chart filling in dates

I have a simple chart in which I want following dates along the x-axis
04-Nov 05-Nov 06-Nov 07-Nov 10-Nov 11-Nov 12-Nov 13-Nov 14-Nov

You will notice I do not want the 8th or 9th to appear, however when I
create the chart, the 8/9 automatically appear even though they are not in
the data table.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of pesky little creatures?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You need to force the axis to be category rather than Time series.
Right click chart and pick Chart Options. Axes tab set Category axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel