Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default to format one sheet using other sheet

How to duplicate a sheet by using other sheet? I have 30 sheets (for ex
100108, 100208, 100308 etc), one for each day in a month. I have 15 users
working for me and every month, an user will join in team. Every month i have
to insert a row for the new user and format all the cell for that user.

Is there a solution if i format one sheet (100108), will the changes reflect
in all the other sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

A few things to consider the following options.
1. You may be able to use the Format Painter to speed up the process. -
select the data that is format as you want and click the Format Painter
(paint brush)
2. Click the other sheet's tab and "paint" the range you want formatted.
You can select as large a range as you want to start with or end with, but
you many need to experiment. If the entire sheets are identical you can
select the whole sheet (top left corner) and click the paint bars, and then
click the same spot on the other sheet.

You can put your sheets in Group mode and then anything you do to one get
done to all of them. It maybe too late for this, but... Select all the
sheets you want to format in the same manner, by Ctrl+Clicking each one.
Then format any one of the selected ones and all will be formatted exactly
the same. Then ungroup the sheets by right-clicking any tab and choosing
Ungroup. The sheets must be laid out exactly for this to work.

A third idea is to copy a previously formatted sheet to create the new
sheet, and then remove unneccessary data from the new sheet. Copy the sheet
by holding down the Ctrl key and dragging the sheet tab.

If any of these help please click the Yes button
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire