-   -   LIne chart problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/208153-line-chart-problem.html)

Frustrated teacher

LIne chart problem

I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've
done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007.
Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it
that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the
x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no
matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and
using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh!

ShaneDevenshire

LIne chart problem

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Frustrated teacher" wrote:

I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've
done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007.
Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it
that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the
x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no
matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and
using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh!

Frustrated teacher[_2_]

LIne chart problem

I figured this out myself, after I looked at Jon Peltier's website. Thanks,
Jon. If you want an intersecting line chart, USE AN XY CHART! I still think
MS could spend some money to make their charting more user friendly.