Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Importing 2003 Chart Templates into 2007

I have custom charts (bars and lines). They open in 2007 as only bars. How
do I save/copy the 2003 templates (from my old computer) so my charts work?
Also, my Excel macros don't appear to work. I downloaded the 2003/2007
conversion patch already (w/o success). Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I don't believe that the Custom Type templates that were available in 2003
are available in 2007 although you could make your own and then save them to
the Templates folder in the Insert, Charts, Manage Templates area.

Regarding your 2003 files coming in to 2007 without the line on a
column/line chart, I can't duplicate this problem on my computer. However,
once the file is open select the series you want as a line and choose Chart
Tools, Design, Change Chart Type and select line.

Make sure you are running SP1.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire