Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bar graph marker

How do I put a movable horizontal line marker across a bar graph?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Start by looking here
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...orzErrBar.html
Then here
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...orzSeries.html
and
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

They may not be specifically for bar charts but the techniques are
applicable
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sten77" wrote in message
How do I put a movable horizontal line marker across a bar graph?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I haven't looked at the refernces you were given, but here is one appoach.
In your data area add one addition series with all the cells referencing a
single cell somewhere else say A1. Then all the formulas for the new series
are =$A$1. In A1 enter the value you want the line to have. Select the
series in the spreadsheet and copy it. Right-click the Chart Area and choose
Paste. Select the new bar and choose Chart, Chart Type, Line and pick the
first sub type. You can easily move the line by entering a new value in A1.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire