Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2007 Table Linked Charts - Limit Data Source Range?

I have a dataset with monthly data over several years.

I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and
have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data
is added.

One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the
table which removes them from the chart. This limits other charts
that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or
an earlier date range of the dataset.

Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto
update as a new month is entered.

Has anyone developed a better solution or can suggest one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Have a look at Jon Peltier's example on plotting the last 12 months. That
should give you some ideas.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...tml#DynoLast12
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.