Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 3rd 08, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Apr 2007
Posts: 10
Default connect line to data points with missing data in between

Hi All:

I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many
months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero.
Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data
points.

How do I connect the line with missing data points in between?

Thanks!!

  #2   Report Post  
Old October 3rd 08, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Apr 2007
Posts: 10
Default connect line to data points with missing data in between

NEVERMIND! figured it out...

"ziak" wrote:

Hi All:

I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many
months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero.
Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data
points.

How do I connect the line with missing data points in between?

Thanks!!

  #3   Report Post  
Old November 24th 08, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 40
Default connect line to data points with missing data in between

Care to share with the rest of us how you did it??


"ziak" wrote:

NEVERMIND! figured it out...

"ziak" wrote:

Hi All:

I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many
months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero.
Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data
points.

How do I connect the line with missing data points in between?

Thanks!!

  #4   Report Post  
Old November 24th 08, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 40
Default connect line to data points with missing data in between

Wow, I got it. (After a dozen unanswered searches and fistfulls of pulled
hair...)

In Excel 2007:
- Select the plot area of the chart
- Right click and go to "Select Data"
- Click "Hidden and Empty cells" in the bottom left corner of the Select
Data Source box
- For 'Show empty cells as:' select "Connect data points with line"



"Whitney" wrote:

Care to share with the rest of us how you did it??


"ziak" wrote:

NEVERMIND! figured it out...

"ziak" wrote:

Hi All:

I have 10 years worth of currency data that i need to graph by month. Many
months do not have any data - adding a "zero" makes the line plummet to zero.
Keeping it blank leaves a missing space between the previous and next data
points.

How do I connect the line with missing data points in between?

Thanks!!



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
missing data points causes my line graph not to connect liebw Charts and Charting in Excel 8 November 24th 08 11:15 PM
Need to connect all data points to give smoth continuous look to SMM Charts and Charting in Excel 1 September 17th 08 05:46 PM
Missing Lines Between Data Points al Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 15th 08 05:56 PM
Line charts with missing data points in Excel 2007 turen Charts and Charting in Excel 2 August 22nd 07 06:08 PM
interpolate missing data between points Rocket Rod Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 27th 05 08:24 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017