Old September 6th 08, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other char

I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with
other chart types. Select a different chart type"

with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this
message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names
of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county

what am i doing wrong?

Old September 7th 08, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens
when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on
the same chart or another chart that looks similar?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old October 18th 08, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other

I am also getting the same message. I am trying to create a scatter graph
using a) draft selection and b)what score they got. I have 9 tables created
1997-2005 with the same info in all of them. The graph creates 97-04 but when
i add 2005 to the information then the warning comes up. Why does it work
with 8 years of info but not with 9?

Old October 18th 08, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you want to email me the file, off newsgroup, I will have a look at
what maybe causing this.

andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy

Old August 25th 09, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,
I also get the same message event with a simple data. This only happen with
excel 2007. I have try the same file with Excel 2003 and it OK.

Old August 28th 09, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 is less flexible when combining different chart types. For
example, in Excel 2003 you could add a line or XY series to a stock
chart. Excel 2007 doesn't let you add any type to a stock chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.