Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
K K is offline

Default Line Chart Help

Good day.

I would like to make a chart with the following data below. Lbs_FT for my X
axis and the R1, 2 , 3 to be plotted on a line chart. How do I do this. My X
Axis only shows 1 - the number of rows? Any help would be appreciated.

lbs_ft r1 r2 r3
0.14246848 218.8 1267.92 808.66
0.1754445 269.5 1318.57 859.31
0.23822722 320.2 1238.13 836.27
0.2697695 349.6 1234.79 847.29
0.37028222 426.6 1213.38 868.93
0.4799795 449.3 1088.55 808.68
0.211288 284.0 1201.92 800.07
0.3640945 402.0 1155.99 825.90
0.50233722 458.1 1081.03 808.34
0.6551545 534.6 1091.93 847.95
0.8384145 523.2 949.36 762.79
1.04694282 603.0 996.45 824.22
0.875875 420.4 748.26 604.74
1.41707412 605.4 897.15 769.42
1.56898588 602.5 864.76 749.95
1.57554367 605.0 867.28 752.46
2.327625951 502.8 650.30 585.71
3.6330855 523.2 621.52 578.46
4.780285352 596.6 681.82 644.50

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make an XY chart. Line charts do not recognize numerical values.

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...-vs-xy-charts/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"K" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
K K is offline

Hi Jon, I apreciate your time. I got it to work though. I actually had to set
up my data into rows not cloumns.

What I did was select all of the Data including headings. Then delete the
first row which would be Tube(Lbs/ft) heading from the Series and then select
the first row Tube(Lbs/ft) data as my X values. Worked perfectly.

Tube (Lbs/ft 0.142 0.175 0.211
Furnace load (Lbs/hr) 218.8 269.5 284.0
( tube +.5" sled) 1267.92 1318.57 1201.92
( tube + .375" sled) 808.66 859.31 800.07