Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting mixed data

Good morning, hoping you can assist me with figuring out how to chart
different data. Some of the data is total number of patients seen and then
some of it is average waiting time for patient to be seen. The problem I am
encountering is the total number of patients is using numbers while the
average waiting time is like 2:30 (2 hours & 30 minutes). When I try to
chart this information, the data series does not show up for the average
waiting time and the hours and minutes will not show. Do I need to separate
the data and do two different charts?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could do two separate charts, or select one series and plot it on the
secondary axis.

I suspect the problem is that number of patients is much larger than time.
2:30 is a fraction, equal to (2.5/24), so it will hardly be visible next to
data on the order of, what, dozens?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP