Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default OTHER options for chart not plotting null ("") or zero values

I've read the above suggestions for a chart not plotting zeros or null
values. This worked....however, then I got errors because of other
calculations (averages) that use these cells as references (and #NA just
doesn't go over well when it's being used in another formula).
Because of the many other formulas (in visual basic and in the exel file)
that would need to be changed if i created an extra column, or did some of
the other options I would REALLY prefer to not do any of those. Isn't there
some way within the chart's options to exlude these values?
Or is my best bet to go through the work of creating a seperate column that
doesn't have the #NA in it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

How much does worksheet space cost? Nothing. And how much does your time and
effort cost to avoid using extra worksheet space? It's non trivial.

Use a separate column, or a whole separate range, and link the ranges
together. This saves time, effort, and frustration.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions