Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default i WOULD LIKE TO FREEZE OLD DATA ON GRAPH TO ALLOW FOR UPDATE VIA M

I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro updates my graphs
unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000 the system is no longer updating. I
though if I could freeze the data on the graph I could omit the old data and
just update based on the new. Any suggestions..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Excel only allows a certain number of data points on a chart, and I believe
that limit is still in place in 2007:

Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000

Depending on exactly what you are doing and how many series you are plotting
you can "beat" the 32,000 data point limit. What are you plotting along the
horizontal?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Freeze Graphs Data" wrote:

I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro updates my graphs
unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000 the system is no longer updating. I
though if I could freeze the data on the graph I could omit the old data and
just update based on the new. Any suggestions..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

ShaneDevenshire wrote on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:56:01 -0700:

Excel only allows a certain number of data points on a chart,
and I believe that limit is still in place in 2007:

Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000

Depending on exactly what you are doing and how many series
you are plotting you can "beat" the 32,000 data point limit.
What are you plotting along the horizontal?

There is also a number conditional on the screen resolution. You can't
*see* more points than the horizontal resolution even if you can "plot"
them.

"Freeze Graphs Data" wrote:

I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro
updates my graphs unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000
the system is no longer updating. I though if I could freeze
the data on the graph I could omit the old data and just
update based on the new. Any suggestions..

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland