tiw

Default Can I plot in excel the last entries of database automatically????

I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90
entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to
change the range every time. Please any suggestions????
Andy Pope

Have a look at Jon's example, hopefully you can modify to suit your data.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
John Mansfield

tiw,

This article explains how to make a 13 month trend dynamic trend chart. You
could easily modify the instructions to include 90 periods instead of 13.

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=518

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"tiw" wrote:

I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90
entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to
change the range every time. Please any suggestions????

tiw

Thank you, it was very helpful, I practice on sample data and it works but
when I apply it to my own data, I have a problem with the labels on the
x-axis. I'm using a
xy scatter chart, and I have date from Aug 2004 to Feb 2005, and it's not
showing that it shows, whatever 1900, and I don't know how to change it.
It's plottign the dta ajust fine, but the x-axis display is so wrong. My
chart is not in the same page with the data ii's on a shhet on it's own. Any
ideas of why is this happening?
Thank you

"tiw" wrote:

I'm trying to create a chart that automatically will chart the last 90
entries of a list of information (containing only numbers) without having to
change the range every time. Please any suggestions????

Jon Peltier

Are the X axis values 1 Jan 1900, 2 Jan 1900, 3 Jan 1900, etc.? Those represent 1,
2, 3, which is what Excel uses for X values in an XY Scatter chart if it doesn't
recognize the values. Make sure the X values are truly numerical values, because
this is a common reason for the axis to misbehave. And it only takes one nonnumeric
cell to poison the X values. To find it, remove alignment formatting from the
column: select the column, choose Cells from the Format menu, and on the Alignment
tab, choose General for Horizontal alignment. The numbers are aligned to the right,
text to the left.

Make sure that there is actually a range defined for the X values. Chart menu
Source Data Series tab, select the series and see what's in the X Values selection
box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP