Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart color

I have a number of pivot charts that displays the same kind of data (hours
registered on different projects). I want to use the same color for the same
project in the different charts, but when I change the order of the projects,
Excel changes the color automatically. Is there a way to avoid this?

In the charts where I changed the order, I have tried to match the color
Excel produces automatically, but I am not able to reproduce it. How can this
be found?

Finally, is it possible to change transparency and retain the automatic color?

I use a bar chart with series overlap in Excel 2007.

Grateful for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

johnny wrote:
I have a number of pivot charts that displays the same kind of data (hours
registered on different projects). I want to use the same color for the same
project in the different charts, but when I change the order of the projects,
Excel changes the color automatically. Is there a way to avoid this?

In the charts where I changed the order, I have tried to match the color
Excel produces automatically, but I am not able to reproduce it. How can this
be found?

Finally, is it possible to change transparency and retain the automatic color?

I use a bar chart with series overlap in Excel 2007.

Grateful for any help

I too am frustrated by the lack of formatting control on pivot charts.
To get around this, sometimes I create a separate worksheet that
basically copies the values from the pivot and base the chart on the copy.