Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Using INDIRECT in the SERIES function...possible?

Here is a static formula for the Series "Loads"

=SERIES(Hypo!$I$2,Hypo!Labels2,Collect.xls!Loads2, 4)

This only graphs what is on the Hypo page. (By the way, why is the last
Hypo subbed with Collect.xls?)

I need instead to switch between 3 pages. I tried the following:

=SERIES(INDIRECT("'"& $O$2 &"'!$I$2"),INDIRECT("'"& $O$2
&"'!Labels2"),INDIRECT("'"& $O$2 &"'Loads2"),4)

and Excel simply says That is not a valid function. The end.

Why doesn't this work? Each individual piece returns the right information.

I appreciate any help you got. Have a great day!

Arlen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The references in a series formula have to reference ranges, not
calculations. Define names like this:

name
=INDIRECT("'"&$O$2&"'!$I$2")

xvals
=INDIRECT("'"& $O$2 &"'!Labels2")

yvals
=INDIRECT("'"& $O$2 &"'Loads2")

and make your series formula look like this:

=SERIES(Hypo!name,Hypo!xvals,Hypo!yvals,4)

The reason one of the Hypo references changes to Collect.xls is that the
reference that changed is to a name that is defined for the worksheet (its
name is Loads2), while the one that didn't change is defined for the sheet
Hypo (its name is Hypo!Labels2).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP