Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 3D Funnel Chart

Good afternoon everybody,
is there a web site and or someone that could help me in setting up,step
by step a 3D Funnel Chart?
Thank for the help
Giovanni
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

3D Funnel charts are among the worst graph types you could use. They're
based on a flawed metaphor, and this faulty metaphor makes the graph very
difficult to interpret properly. I describe the problem and offer
alternatives he

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...-funnel-chart/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"giovanni" wrote in message
Good afternoon everybody,
is there a web site and or someone that could help me in setting up,step
by step a 3D Funnel Chart?
Thank for the help
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

thank you Jon , I know that they are not the best way to show data but I
wouldlike to know how I can build up such a graph; is there a web site
describing step by step how to do that or a pre-cooked examples?
Thank you anyway
Giovanni
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

These are not available in Excel. I'm sure Google could help you find a
vendor who will sell you a package that produces funnel charts. There's no
step-by-step procedures, it's data in, garbage out.

- Jon
-------

"giovanni" wrote in message
thank you Jon , I know that they are not the best way to show data but I
wouldlike to know how I can build up such a graph; is there a web site
describing step by step how to do that or a pre-cooked examples?
Thank you anyway
Giovanni

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:

These are not available in Excel.

I'm probably going to information graphics hell for this :-), but you
*can* sort of do a 3D Funnel in Excel:

http://www.branta.demon.co.uk/infographics/3DFunnel.xls

I don't say you *should*, but you can.

--
Del Cotter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you tell him how you did this, I'm kicking you out of the newsgroup!

- Jon
-------

Jon Peltier said:

These are not available in Excel.

I'm probably going to information graphics hell for this :-), but you
*can* sort of do a 3D Funnel in Excel:

http://www.branta.demon.co.uk/infographics/3DFunnel.xls

I don't say you *should*, but you can.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I will discover how has been done; the important fact is that I have an
example ; credit to Mr. Del Cotter for this. As I said before I know that is
not the best way of showing data but as a matter of fact just to understand
how it is possible to build such a graph.
Thank you again Mr. Del Cotter.
GiĆ²

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon Peltier wrote;

If you tell him how you did this, I'm kicking you out of the newsgroup!

LOL

Here is something similar
http://www.edferrero.com/Content/Scatter_Pyramid.xls

Just format the y-Axis and check 'values in reverse order' to get your
funnel.

(oh yes, I think the calculations are wrong, but it hardly matters for this
sort of chart)

Ed Ferrero
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
- H. H. Munro (Saki) (1870-1916)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you Ed for your kind cooperation;

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon, I don't know how you did it, bu the page on 3D charts is no longer
available! <GRIN

Bob Flanagan

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message
Jon Peltier wrote;

If you tell him how you did this, I'm kicking you out of the newsgroup!

LOL

Here is something similar
http://www.edferrero.com/Content/Scatter_Pyramid.xls

Just format the y-Axis and check 'values in reverse order' to get your
funnel.

(oh yes, I think the calculations are wrong, but it hardly matters for
this sort of chart)

LOL

Ed Ferrero
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
- H. H. Munro (Saki) (1870-1916)

LOLx2

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You mean Ed's page? That was a well-placed burst of gamma rays.

- Jon
-------

"Bob Flanagan" wrote in message
Jon, I don't know how you did it, bu the page on 3D charts is no longer
available! <GRIN

Bob Flanagan

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message

Jon Peltier wrote;