-   -   Scatter Diagrams (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/193736-scatter-diagrams.html)

Greener2224

Scatter Diagrams

The x values will not display properly. They just plot as if they were the
numbers 1 2 3 etc but the y values are fine.
If I make the reverse the x and y data the graph works but is of course not
in the format I want
Suggestions please

Jon Peltier

Scatter Diagrams

Use the XY chart type, not the line type, and make sure the chart is using
the X data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Greener2224" wrote in message
The x values will not display properly. They just plot as if they were the
numbers 1 2 3 etc but the y values are fine.
If I make the reverse the x and y data the graph works but is of course
not
in the format I want
Suggestions please

Greener2224

Scatter Diagrams

I was using the xy chart but the x values were not plotting correctly the
were acting as if the wer the numbers 1,2,3,4.....

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Use the XY chart type, not the line type, and make sure the chart is using
the X data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Greener2224" wrote in message
The x values will not display properly. They just plot as if they were the
numbers 1 2 3 etc but the y values are fine.
If I make the reverse the x and y data the graph works but is of course
not
in the format I want
Suggestions please

Jon Peltier

Scatter Diagrams

Make sure the chart is using the correct data for its X values.
Make sure these data are truly numeric, and not numbers stored as text.

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Use the XY chart type, not the line type, and make sure the chart is
using
the X data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Greener2224" wrote in message
The x values will not display properly. They just plot as if they were
the
numbers 1 2 3 etc but the y values are fine.
If I make the reverse the x and y data the graph works but is of
course
not
in the format I want
Suggestions please

Greener2224

Scatter Diagrams

Done all of that if I reverse my selection of data for x and y the graph
works perfectly but has the wrong orientation

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Use the XY chart type, not the line type, and make sure the chart is
using
the X data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Greener2224" wrote in message
The x values will not display properly. They just plot as if they were
the
numbers 1 2 3 etc but the y values are fine.
If I make the reverse the x and y data the graph works but is of
course
not
in the format I want
Suggestions please

Jon Peltier

Scatter Diagrams

Okay, I'll bite. Send a copy of the errant worksheet to me in an email to

jonxlmvp at peltiertech dot com

I'll take a look.

- Jon
-------