Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Use percentages instead of values

I have a series of numbers that show how a hard drives space is being used.
The table shows the figures in GB values. How do I get a pie chart based on
the table to show the % per section and not the GB value?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In the data labels tab of the format series or chart options dialogs, you
can select percentage instead of value for display in the labels of a pie
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Keith" wrote in message
I have a series of numbers that show how a hard drives space is being used.
The table shows the figures in GB values. How do I get a pie chart based
on
the table to show the % per section and not the GB value?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

With the chart selected, choose, Chart, Chart Options, Data Labels tab and
turn on Percent and turn off Values.

Same idea in 2007 but an entirely differnent place.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Keith" wrote:

I have a series of numbers that show how a hard drives space is being used.
The table shows the figures in GB values. How do I get a pie chart based on
the table to show the % per section and not the GB value?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Keith,

It the response(s) are useful you should click the appropriate Yes buttons
to the right of the question to record the correct status.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Keith" wrote:

I have a series of numbers that show how a hard drives space is being used.
The table shows the figures in GB values. How do I get a pie chart based on
the table to show the % per section and not the GB value?

Percentages Kindlysinful Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 9th 08 08:51 PM
percentages adstarc New Users to Excel 8 October 15th 07 03:07 PM
Percentages steve Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 14th 07 05:10 PM
Percentages Hotpants0063 Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 10th 06 10:30 PM
percentages johnsmith Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 16th 05 07:17 PM