Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default X Y Scatter Chart - Dates on X axis starting at 1900

Hi,

Attempting to create an X Y scatter chart with dates on the X axis,
however, when the chart is displayed the dates start at 1/1/1900
instead of 01/15/08. I understand that Excel stores dates and times
as a number representing the number of days since 1900-Jan-0, plus a
fractional portion of a 24 hour day. However, is there a work around
to this issue?

Regards,
Moms
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The problem is that Excel doesn't know what dates you want, so it is using
1, 2, 3, etc as its X values. This is caused by two things:

1. There is no X data range defined for the chart

2. The X data range contains text (which may appear to be in date format)
rather than numeric dates.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP