Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bar within a bar

Hi everyone,

Want to draw a bar chart where 2nd row values should be drawn within the 1st
row values.

Given below the data:
Dec'07: 24.5 (1st row) 17.45 (2nd row)
Feb'08: 30.5 (1st row) 15.3 (2nd row)
Jun'08: 24.25 (1st row) 14.27 (2nd row)

By default, 24.5 is getting sumed up with 17.45 or otherwise I am getting as
two separte bar. Instead I require 24.5 and within it I want 17.45.

Could you please tell whether it's possible and if yes, how to achive it.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It's probably clearer to the reader if you use a clustered column chart and
leave the two columns side by side. You could experiment with the overlap:
100% overlap puts the second bar directly in front of the first.

If you want the second column to be within the first, such that the first is
taller and wider, move the second series to the secondary axis, and adjust
the gap widths of both series (Format Series Options tab Gap Width) so
the second series has a greater gap width.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions