Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can you print barcode labels using excel or word?

I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has
any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
Word / Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You will need a barcode font - Google is your friend

Lot easier to print labels in Word
You can use mail merge to take the data from Excel
For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...ateADataSource.

50 min MS tutorial
http://office.microsoft.com:80/train...RC011205671033
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yvonne" wrote in message
I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has
any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add
onto
Word / Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel is not the best tool for the job however you should be able to
use a Word mailmerge with your spreadsheet as the data source to get
the data into labels. You would then use another tool like the B-Coder
Pro barcode software from TAL Technologies to add the barcodes to the
labels after you merge in the data.

For more information on the B-Coder software or to download a demo
version, visit:
http://www.taltech.com/products/barcode_software.html

I would also recommend that you watch the following three videos that
show exactly how to do what you need to do:
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/b-coder_intro.html
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/macro_install.html
http://www.taltech.net/video/bcoder/make_labels.html

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:19:01 -0700, Yvonne
wrote:

I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has
any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
Word / Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Jun 16, 4:19 pm, Yvonne wrote:
I need to printbarcodelabels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has
any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto
Word / Excel

Take a look at Monterey Barcode Creator: http://www.morovia.com/label/.
The barcode can be drag and dropped into Word/Excel.

Another options is to use a barcode font with Mail merge. Morovia
offers all types of fonts at http://www.morovia.com/font/.