Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003

Hi All,
I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code

my code is the follow

excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30);

where
excel = new Excel.Application
mode = xlDialogChartWizard
missing = System.Type.Missing;
show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times

this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog

Help me pls

Thx in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments?

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"VeNoMiS" wrote:

Hi All,
I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code

my code is the follow

excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30);

where
excel = new Excel.Application
mode = xlDialogChartWizard
missing = System.Type.Missing;
show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times

this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog

Help me pls

Thx in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Not all dialogs work in this way. If you need to show the chart wizard, you
could use this instead (this is the VBA, it's up to you to find the C#
equivalent):

Application.CommandBars.FindControl(Id:=436).Execu te

This finds the Insert Chart control and executes it, which pops up the chart
wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"VeNoMiS" wrote in message
Hi All,
I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code

my code is the follow

excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30);

where
excel = new Excel.Application
mode = xlDialogChartWizard
missing = System.Type.Missing;
show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times

this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog

Help me pls

Thx in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Not all dialogs work in this way. If you need to show the chart wizard, you
could use this instead (this is the VBA, it's up to you to find the C#
equivalent):

Application.CommandBars.FindControl(Id:=436).Execu te

This finds the Insert Chart control and executes it, which pops up the chart
wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

I've tried this code

object id = 436
excel.CommandBars.FindControl(missing,id,missing,f alse);

but doesn't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Based on msdn

CommandBarControl FindControl(