Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Secondary Axis - not possible

I want to create a secondary axis, but when I go to chart area, format
selection I only get Format Chart Area and no option for <series option -
plot option
And yes it is legal SW.
Do I have to install somthing additional?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Firstly you need more than one series in the chart.
Select the series that you want to put on the secondary axis and Format
Series/ Axis.
--
David Biddulph

"BAZZ" wrote in message
I want to create a secondary axis, but when I go to chart area, format
selection I only get Format Chart Area and no option for <series option -
plot option
And yes it is legal SW.
Do I have to install somthing additional?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

David, thanks for the quick reply. However, I have 3 series but when I
choose al 3 and then go to Format tab, Chart Area and then click on Format
Selection all I get is a possibility to Format the Chart Area. I cannot
discover a Format Series/Axis botton. Hmm

Bazz

"BAZZ" wrote in message
I want to create a secondary axis, but when I go to chart area, format
selection I only get Format Chart Area and no option for <series option -
plot option
And yes it is legal SW.
Do I have to install somthing additional?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

*Don't* try Format Chart Area.
*Don't* try to select more than one series at a time.

Select *ONE* series.
Either right-click on that series and choose Format Data Series
Or choose Selected Data Series from the Format menu.
In either case, then choose the Axis tab.
--
David Biddulph

"BAZZ" wrote in message
I want to create a secondary axis, but when I go to chart area, format
selection I only get Format Chart Area and no option for <series
option -
plot option
And yes it is legal SW.
Do I have to install somthing additional?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Also, change the chart to a 2D type. 3D charts are full of badness, and
inability to apply some formatting, such as secondary axes and combination
of different chart types, is only a small part of this badness.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"BAZZ" wrote in message
I want to create a secondary axis, but when I go to chart area, format
selection I only get Format Chart Area and no option for <series
option -
plot option
And yes it is legal SW.
Do I have to install somthing additional?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon, thanks, the chart is a 2D type alright.
David, thank you. Ifollowed the hekp instructions too strict. I can get it
to work now.
Thanks again. BAZZ