Carole O

Default Monthly charts do not retail formula row/column

1) Each month I do a "save as" to copy worksheets to the next month. Even
though the cell references in the formulas are absolute, the range changes
for the new month. For instance - I have data in Shift1 in February that
goes from A1 to Z100. When I "save as", and clear the Feb Shift1 data to
enter the March data, the formula =SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$517,"HB",'SHIFT
1'!$T$1:$T$1) may read =SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$23,"HB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$1).
[$L$517 changes to $L$23]. I thought the $ in front of the row/column would
make it "really" absolute - no changes, period. Would a named range be the
solution?

2) In the same workbook, I have charts. Some of them automatically update
to reflect the new month's data. Others (pie charts) relect the old data
numbers, even though the source data has the new month's data in it. Why do
some charts update, and others do not?

TIA,
Carole O