Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Addional Data Series on Dynamic Chart

I have created hundreds of dynamic charts using information from Jon Peltier
and Tushar Mehta with great success, but now I have one that is stumping me.
Using Excel 2003, I need to chart monthly data of the current year using a
column chart that updates as data is added each month (which I know how to
do). The part I'm struggling with is adding a year-to-date total (that also
needs to automatically update each month) as the right-most column of the
chart. This is the standard format my company uses for charts with YTD info
so I need to stick with it.

I've done this before on charts where the data is a rolling 12 months, but
not where the number of columns of data will increase each month up to 12. I
have a dozen or more charts I need to do this with so any help is greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi bugsyb6

There is a sample for what you are trying to do at
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts...2/Default.aspx
download the 'Reporting' sample.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ed -
Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the example you indicated below but
I'm struggling to apply it to my situation. Maybe I'm just missing something.

I don't have a static number of months that I am displaying data for. My
chart will grow as we move through the year and I need to keep the YTD
columns on the right-hand side of the chart.

Is there any additional advice you could give me?