Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How can I save an excel 2007 chart in a vector graphics format?

I need to be able to take charts from excel (preserving the vector format)
and save them as EPS files. I tried copying a chart and pasting it in Adobe
Illustrator, but the legend seems to get broken up and repositioning all the
parts is a major pain. Is there a better way?

thanks,
Kit Neel
engineering graduate student

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

There is no direct way to export an Excel chart in EPS format.

How did you copy it into Illustrator? You can try various approaches. You
could copy as a chart, then paste it, and I presume Illustrator will then
have a means to convert it into its constituent shapes and ungroup them. If
that is unsatisfactory, you could copy the chart directly as a picture, as
follows: Hold Shift while selecting the Edit menu, select Copy Picture,
choose As Picture, and experiment with the other settings, but I like the On
Screen options best. If this still doesn't do it for you, you could try
pasting into PowerPoint using either of these two approaches, then from
PowerPoint, save the chart as a vector image file. Right click on the pasted
chart, select Save As Picture, and choose WMF or EMF (the other options are
all bitmaps).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP