Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Need chart of 1 data set plotted against another similar data set

I have been unable to get a chart of data similar to below
Set1 Set2
73.3 74.9
78.8 74.7
80.6 75.5
85.5 76.4
89 79.6
90.2 97.5
94.1 96.0
I keep getting
point 1 against 73.3

Hovering over one of the points on a chart, I get a popup like "Series 1
Point "78.8" (22,74.7) and I really want to get a plot of 78.8 against 74.7.
A straight line trend should run at roughly 45degrees.
Thought I had it but adding data gave me the above problem
Help Please
Steve
point 2 against 78.8 etc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Steve said:

I have been unable to get a chart of data similar to below
Set1 Set2
73.3 74.9
78.8 74.7
80.6 75.5

Hovering over one of the points on a chart, I get a popup like "Series 1
Point "78.8" (22,74.7) and I really want to get a plot of 78.8 against 74.7.
A straight line trend should run at roughly 45degrees.

Temporarily remove the label "Set 1" above the first column, leaving a
blank notch in the rectangle of cells. This clues Excel in that you'd
like the column below the blank to be the X axis, and the row to the
right of the blank to be the labels.

You can put the label back in when you're done making the chart.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make an XY chart.