Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Highlighting one chart item

Please could you explain how I would highlight by changing the colour/fill of
one bar in a column chart so that it stands out from the rest of the data
series?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Use 2 series plotted either as stacked column or clustered column with 100
overlap.
Use the second series to plot the highlighted value, with all other values
being zero or blank.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"stephan" wrote in message
Please could you explain how I would highlight by changing the colour/fill
of
one bar in a column chart so that it stands out from the rest of the data
series?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Simpler but less flexible:

Single click on the bar twice, once to select the whole series, the second
time to select the point. Press Ctrl+1 (numeral one) to bring up the
formatting dialog. Pick your formats for the selected point.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions