Happy

Default Adding x axis labels

A very basic question: how do you add, or select X axis titles? (Excel 101!
but I can't make it work)

Jerry W. Lewis

Select the chart, then from the main menu Chart|Chart Options. The
first table has title fields for the chart and each axis.

Jerry

Happy wrote:

A very basic question: how do you add, or select X axis titles? (Excel 101!
but I can't make it work)

Happy

I obviously gave the wrong info for what I needed-- how do you add, or
include, not the titles, but the actual tags, or legends ,or whatever they
are called, just below the chart, that make up the X axis? ie. if the X axis
is called "Years 1996-2004", how do you insert the individual years for the
chart points, below the chart?

Happy wrote:

A very basic question: how do you add, or select X axis titles? (Excel
101! but I can't make it work)

Michael R Middleton

Happy -

They're called axis labels.

You didn't mention the chart type.

For a Line chart type (and other chart types where the x axis is a category
axis), choose Chart | Source Data | Series | Category (X) axis labels, and
select the worksheet range containing the labels.

For an XY (Scatter) chart type (where the x axis is a value axis), choose
Chart | Source Data | Series | X Values, and select the worksheet range
containing the values.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happy wrote:
A very basic question: how do you add, or select X axis titles? (Excel 101!
but I can't make it work)

Happy

Thank you!! Sorry to bother you with that. Can you recommend a website /
book / spot where I can get a little more familiar with Excel, so I don't
have to ask simple questions?

Happy wrote:
A very basic question: how do you add, or select X axis titles? (Excel
101! but I can't make it work)

John Mansfield

Happy,

You can get a list of Excel based websites he

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/sites/

John Walkenbach's site has an extensive list of Excel web site references.

Here are some excellent sites that focus on charting in Excel:

http://www.andypope.info/

http://www.peltiertech.com/

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/

----