Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Hiding zeros in dynamic charts

I am using a dynamic range to plot a chart area (using various charts). The
dynamic named range data I'm using contains zero values/blank cells.

How can I hide zero values or "" within a dynamic range to prevent them from
appearing in my chart information?

Much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Don't use blanks but use NA() in their place
OR
Select chart; use Tool | Option | Charts and specify how missing data is to
be treated.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Carla" wrote in message
I am using a dynamic range to plot a chart area (using various charts).
The
dynamic named range data I'm using contains zero values/blank cells.

How can I hide zero values or "" within a dynamic range to prevent them
from
appearing in my chart information?

Much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried using NA() but the dynamic range
stills picks it up so I get NA() as a chart label & a zero value.

I've also tried select Tool-option-charts and tried 0;-0;;@ & 0.00;-0.00;;
they didn't work either.

Do you have any further suggestions.

Kind regards,
Carla

"Carla" wrote in message
I am using a dynamic range to plot a chart area (using various charts).
The
dynamic named range data I'm using contains zero values/blank cells.

How can I hide zero values or "" within a dynamic range to prevent them
from
appearing in my chart information?

Much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Send us more details:
Were (what range) hold the x-values; what hold the y-value.
Show us the dynamic formula you are using - the whole point of the OFFSET in
the definition of dynamic ranges is to avoid plotting empty cells.

If you are using XL2003: do you know that if a chart is made from an Excel
List then it is automatically dynamic. In XL2007 "list" got renamed to
"table"
best wishes