Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker

Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with
the gridlines of the data tables. I am wondering how it can be aligned.

Secondly, I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical
gridlines of X scales. I am also wondering how to place it on the center.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Gary,

In my version of Excel they are. Try it with a line chart. In Excel 2007
you might have to make an adjustment. We need more info.

With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if
you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format the X-axis
by choosing the Scale tab and unchecking Value (Y) axis crosses between
catergories.

If you want both of these features you can screen shoot a data table and
place it on a chart that doesn't have a data table or you can place the
equivalent of the data table in the spreadsheet and put it directly below
the chart.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP