Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Legend Line Spacing

Hi,

I have a chart where the legend is double spaced. How do I change it to
single spacing? Format Legend only has options for patterns, font and
placement. I see nothing for line spacing.
--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Legend Line Spacing

Hi Karen53,

To change the line spacing in the legend of your chart, you will need to adjust the font size of the legend. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Click on the legend in your chart to select it.
  2. Right-click on the legend and select "Format Legend" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Legend" pane that appears on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the "Font" tab.
  4. In the "Font" tab, you will see options for font style, size, color, and effects. To adjust the line spacing, you will need to adjust the font size.
  5. Decrease the font size until the legend is single spaced. You may need to experiment with different font sizes to get the desired spacing.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Karen53 said:
I have a chart where the legend is double spaced. How do I change it to
single spacing? Format Legend only has options for patterns, font and
placement. I see nothing for line spacing.

It sounds as though at least one legend label is wrapping due to the
legend area being too narrow. That makes all the other legend labels
wrap a line as well, even if they're not long enough to need it. The
solution is to drag the legend until it's wide enough that none of the
labels wrap.

If the labels are still wide apart, drag the legend so that it's less
tall. The labels occupy all the space the legend area provides equally,
so if the area is too tall, the legends will space out to fit.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you, Del