Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting a bar chart

Hi,

I would like to automatically apply some custom formatting to a standard bar
chart.

For example, I have a data set:

Student Name Score Country of Study
Alfie 70 US
Bart 80 UK
Charlie 60 France
Denise 75 US

My chart shows each student and their score (nice and easy) but I would like
the colour of the bar to reflect the country in which the students are
studying, so that, for example, all US students are Blue, all UK students are
Green and all French students are Yellow.

I could do this manually (I think!), but it would involve a huge amount of
effort with my actual data, so can this be done automatically, either through
manipulating the data layout or VB, or a combination of the two?

TIA

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting a bar chart - IGNORE

PLease ignore this posting as I've found the solution on Jon Peltier's pages
(as usual!) from a posting a couple of days ago. Funny how people often seem
to need to do the same thing at the same time...

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

Dave