Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default source data of varying sizes

I have multiple columns of data, which are all the same length, and
correspond to a specific act. This data is charted and gives multiple
graphical anlyses. Currently, I copy the entire worksheet and paste to
another tab in the same workbook when I have another set of data to chart
from a different act. The data always starts in the same cells but the
length always varies, sometimes more and sometimes less. Can I define the
source data range as "start cell : end+down" so I don't have to redefine
every time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you're using Excel 2003, select the data and convert it to a list, and
base the chart on data in the list. Then copy this whole sheet, chart and
list and all. Replace the data in the sheet with the new data, and resize
the list to contain the data. The chart will update as the list changes
size. In Excel 2007 the approach is similar, except the list is now called a
table.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"materials scientist" wrote
in message ...
I have multiple columns of data, which are all the same length, and
correspond to a specific act. This data is charted and gives multiple
graphical anlyses. Currently, I copy the entire worksheet and paste to
another tab in the same workbook when I have another set of data to chart
from a different act. The data always starts in the same cells but the
length always varies, sometimes more and sometimes less. Can I define the
source data range as "start cell : end+down" so I don't have to redefine
every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Each set of data is fixed and has no further additions or deletions, however,
the size varies from one set to the next. I'm trying to minimize the
manipulation I have to do to each new set of data for the charts to present
what I want. The data will always start in the same cell but will finish in
a different row. I want the chart to plot data starting in a fixed cell and
continuing down to the end of the data without manually resizing. Thanks for
your help.