Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can you use a cell reference in a chart?

I have a dilemna in trying to chart some data. Wondered if anyone has run
across this before.

Have data with a space instead of a comma, IE 1 555.55

I was able to add the comma by using a CLEAN and SUBSTITUTE statement in a
different column, number now displays correctly IE 1,555.55

Cannot graph, and assume that is because the cell is actually a formula
rather than a number.

So I tried using a cell reference IE "=B22" in another column, and graphing
off of that column, but still displays the same "0".

Formatting the column to a number format does not seem to help.

Appreciate any help you can offer and thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the cell contains "IE 1,555.55", Excel plots it as zero, because it is
text, not a number. You need to adjust your formula to get a numeric result.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions