Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to chart monthly sales for successive years

I want to show monthly figures with a line chart, with the second year coming
after the first, the third year after the second, etc. I don't want the
years to bunch up, ie 3 years-worth of bars for Jan, Feb, etc. I want
Jan-Dec 2006, then Jan-Dec 2007, and so forth. Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mvk mvk is offline

Create a table with the dates across the top e.g. Jan-07, Feb-07, etc, then
have the monthly sales figures below the dates. Select the dates and the
sales numbers and click on insert chart.

You can see an example of this at www.tejniya.co.uk, click on documents and
goto Excel.

MVK