Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
WCM WCM is offline

Default change chart column colors

Hi ...

Is there a way to make different columns that are in the same data series to
be different colors? I know about [format data series] [options] [Vary
Colors by Point], but this makes every data point a different color. I just
need certain groups inside the data series to be different colors.

For example, say on the X-axis I have India, China, UK and each country
comprises three month sub-categories (Jan, Feb, Mar) - so Jan, Feb, Mar are
child-categories within each country (parent) category. Sales Dollars on the
y-axis.

Is there any way to make Jan-Feb-Mar columns within each country the same
color, but Jan-Feb-Mar column colors are different across the countries?
(e.g., green columns for India, blue columns for China, orange columns for UK?

Jan Feb Mar Jan Feb Mar Jan Feb Mar
India china UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
WCM WCM is offline

Just found answer below: click once to select entire data series, left-click
again to get just the column (and then color format that one column).