Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked column graphs and text displayed inside the columns

I want to create a stacked column graph for a series of numbers, then have
corresponding text appear inside the columns. Can this be done in Excel?
If not, why do my text boxes disappear (get sent backward) when selecting my
graph?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could try to use data labels. Right click a series, choose Format, and
for data labels, choose one of the default options. You can edit the text of
one of these default labels, or use a utility like one of these to add
custom labels from elsewhere in the worksheet:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

If you create a chart, then add textboxes to the worksheet but positioned
over the chart, selecting the chart will send the chart to the front while
it's active, and you lose sight of the textboxes. Select the chart first,
then select the textbox drawing tool and add the textbox, in order to add it
to the chart instead of to the worksheet itself.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions